Thursday, October 20, 2022

Week 9 Part A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcast, and Webinars.

 When a business adds a personal touch to their blog posts, it can appeal to people's emotions because it sets the tone between both parties. Having similar experiences and things in common help break the ice and make the consumer comfortable. Engages them with what the business has to offer, the history, and where it is heading in the future. 

It makes sense to add a personal touch when you are talking about your business. Encinitas Donuts started with two immigrants from Cambodia that wanted to live the " American Dream." So, they started working at a different donut shop to learn to bake and become entrepreneurs. Eventually they were able to save and purchase their own donut shop. I think the backstory is something that's interesting to know especially a local business and its success. I don't think adding a personal touch to every content that's being posted is necessary. To me it sounds repetitive. 

The only way I see it working for our business is to bring other local establishments together that have similar backgrounds. They may relate to the struggle of becoming a business owner that immigrated from a different country. For example, there is a dry-cleaning business next door, and they are immigrants from Korea. Came here in the 80s to live a better life. We often chit chat and they refer their own clients to us if they are looking for donut shop that does special orders.

 Another example is our Padres donut posts. Any Padres fans that may want to come in and grab a customize donut or any sports fan are welcome. The Padres are the main professional sports team, since the Chargers left San Diego. It's been 24 years since The Padres have been in the world series. 

A business I think can use this technique is a Bryll Hair Lounge. On their Instagram posts, I see many clients with nice blowouts. I'd like to see which hair styling tool and products they used. Along with how to get the perfect blowout or beach waves hair. A vlog or webinar that has tutorials would be great. 

The local news I think is a company that would not be able to use the same approach. When reporting an issue or topic, no matter how the news anchor feels, they can't really give their personal say on the air. It may come off biased and one sided. 

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree- not every post or blog has to have a personal angle. But you have a really cool story! I'm sure people would want to know it, and maybe even see some photos from when the shop first opened or your family came here. I definitely think you guys could do some fun video content-- I mean who doesnt want to see donuts being made??? (Megan from North County Fam--my name under the comments says sdsd for some reason still)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the examples you used. They really show how people can use a personal touch for their business in ways I didn't think of before. I hadn't really considered how small local physical businesses would go about it. I imagine those examples would bring in a good amount of customers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all the points that you brought up. Also what a backstory for the owners of the donut shop. Also I agree with you on how local news anchors can't necessarily use personal feelings in their line of work. Still need to try out those donuts ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your idea that "Having similar experiences and things in common help break the ice and make the consumer comfortable." It is important to consider the consumer's mind. I believe this leads to succeed the business.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17-Final Post- Wrapping it up

 First and foremost, thank you for teaching this class. I enjoyed diving more into social media and how it applies to businesses. Going into...