Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Week 8 Part B: Using Your Hashtag

 What an amazing last two weeks we had. The San Diego Padres took down the mighty Los Angeles Dodgers. Padre's merchandise has been selling out from left to right. Local businesses are capitalizing on the friar spirit. Also, Halloween is around the corner.  Upon posting for Encinitas Donuts, we used local hashtags, what our business is, and some that stood out. They are #encinitas, #padres, #local, #donuts, #tidesanddonuts, #pinkbox, and #momandpopshop. I decided to use these hashtags because it represents who we are and how to find us. The previous assignment that we did, #donuts was very common. I added that one and played around with some that weren't so common. I did use some that were already specific to my business and creative ones. This Friday I will be posting one that I think is catchy. So, stay tuned! I scheduled our posts in the mornings when we open at 4am. Although I feel like a few only check their social media at that time, but majority of people are up around 6am getting ready to start their day. I generally post on Mondays because it's the beginning of a new week and during a Padres game since we are still in the post season. Mid-week and Friday nights I will post just to keep the content and fresh and entertaining. I learned that there's an option to include a hashtag when you're doing a short Instagram video. Next post I will make sure to include a few if permitted. 

The group members I posted on were Megan from North County Fam and Sarah from Playground. I also commented on Towa from Suzuken Clothing about his hashtags from the previous assignment part A. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea using the #padres even though we just lost >:( It'd be a great idea if you guys had some kind of promotion every time the padres win.. maybe a buy one donut get one free kinda deal. For next season though since our run is over. I'd also say to try and post midday because you're right not a lot of people are up at 4am. Great posts though!!

    ReplyDelete

Week 17-Final Post- Wrapping it up

 First and foremost, thank you for teaching this class. I enjoyed diving more into social media and how it applies to businesses. Going into...