Thursday, September 29, 2022

Week 6 Part A: Engaging your customers- Facebook strategy

 The seven businesses I thought can have a strategic connection to mine are 626 Night Market, Tea Around the World, Fox 5 San Diego, Mary Bishop Photography, Scripps Health, Lamb Screen Printing, and Encinitas Elks Lodge#2243. I picked these businesses because I felt that they all can be impactful with Encinitas Donuts.

626 Night Market: is the largest night market in the United States. It specializes in food, beverages, socialization, and entertainment. It has 148,860 likes on Facebook and 151,563 followers. The 626 Night Market originated from San Gabriel Valley, which is northeast of Los Angeles. They post upcoming events and vendors within the food and beverage industry. Photos are primally used on their post to be more interesting. They're consistent with posting every day with different foods, especially desserts. I automatically hit the following button to stay updated for myself. Viewing their recent post, 626 Night Market will be in San Diego this November until mid-December. I'm glad I stumbled upon this business. With over 148k likes and 151k followers, I'd say they have great customer engagement. Who doesn't like food, drinks, and entertainment?

Tea Around the World: is a catering business of tea and pastries, served in culinary fashion form. Their page was created in October 2013. They have 98 likes and 102 followers. Unfortunately, the last post they posted on was December 1, 2013. I'm not sure if they still exist. The website is pretty vague. From my understanding Tea around the World has catered to many different countries. Landing big contracts with high end hotels and private venues and continuing that business relationship. I chose them because I like tea and pastries. I like the tea party vibe. It's nostalgic for me. Tea Around the World posts photos from the events they catered. From looking at the pictures, the location looks luxurious. If I had them as a connection, offering their tea and our donuts, perhaps we would all profit from it. Vendor relationship. They barely have any customer engagement. 2013 was the last post they shared. I do like how the creator was engaging with viewers by asking them questions pertaining to the business.

Fox 5 San Diego: San Diego's local news media, sports, and entertainment. I've been a viewer since I moved here in 2015. I enjoy watching the support local businesses segment. It's great PR to advertise a business that no one's heard of. Photos and videos are what they use to post and be more interesting. Photos of current events along with videos of the news anchors interviewing guests. What I learned from viewing their page is that you need simplicity is enough for the audience. Very direct and straight to the point, with less tabs to navigate. 561k followers I'd say they have a substantial amount of customer engagement. 

Scripps Health: It is a nonprofit health organization, providing high quality patient care. My first born was delivered at Scripps Encinitas and the birthing facility was great. It was easy to register for birthing classes through their website. Their Facebook page is well informative. They use videos and images to keep the page interesting and important. I learn that it's impactful when you add patient feedback on your page. It directs you to an email link where you can voice your concerns, opinions, or praise. 34,347 likes, 35,699 followers, and 12,199 check ins. A good amount of engagement. 

Mary Bishop Photography: Local family photographer in San Diego. I like her page because I felt the warmth and friendliness by the creator and looking at the photos she posts. Perhaps in the future she and I can collaborate. Her taking high quality photos of our business and we promote her by posting pictures she took onto our social media. Giving her photo credits and tagging her business. Since it is a photography page, photos are what she uses to keep it relative. Most of her content is outdoorsy pictures and nature setting. I learned that authenticity is important. You have to be passionate about what you want to do in order to be successful. 160 likes and 159 followers of customer interaction.

Lamb Screen Printing: Family owned and operated custom printing and embroidery for businesses. This business is run by a classmate of mine. I don't personally know the creator, but the cute dog caught my attention. My husband has brought up customizing t-shirts for the donut shop. Ones to wear during business hours and some to sell. Our own merch. The posts that they create are from previous companies they worked with and events that they were involved in. Great self-promoting. I learned that being pertinent to your community, you need market yourself to local events. Food markets, festivals, street fairs, or fundraisers. 309 followers. Majority of their clients are through word of mouth. 

Encinitas Elks Lodge #2243: Fun local socialization venue that's also available to rent out for private events. Community musicians, happy hour, and my all-time favorite Bingo! Great place to escape from reality and have some mental clarity. I enjoy viewing the entertainment they offer. A great place to meet new people and possibly build friendships. Encinitas Donuts would love to work with Encinitas Elks Lodge if ever they need a donut supplier. Patrons can have donuts and refer to others about our establishment. I enjoy the images and written content about upcoming events and the next taco night! With 1.1k likes and 1.2k followers I learned that creativity and originality will help your business grow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17-Final Post- Wrapping it up

 First and foremost, thank you for teaching this class. I enjoyed diving more into social media and how it applies to businesses. Going into...