Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Week 1B: Social Media Use Today


  Social media use today is a powerful tool to create content and interact with others in the virtual world.  My thoughts on social media is that it's a great way to stay connected with friends and family who aren't close by. It's accessible to communicate without actually putting the effort into seeing them. Everyone has busy lives especially with Covid nowadays. There are some folks who don't wish to ever leave the house but still want to keep tabs on everyone.

    Ideally I feel that social media is used for both personal and business. During the " stay at home order" my kids and I did plenty of Tik Tok dance challenges. It was a great way to kill boredom for a few hours! We went on to Facebook to video chat with our family especially my mom. She became the facebook queen after one night of downloading the app on her phone. Addicted much? I'd say so. She recently retired and watches videos on there. My mom was never a fan of social media use until she realized that her only daughter and her kids, who lives 472.55 miles away, was posting updated pics of the boys on her face book. It was a great way to watch them grow since she couldn't be there every single day. I myself enjoy checking in on friends and family from afar. 

    I currently work in high end retail. Part of my job is to build clientele. I use instagram and whatsapp to stay in touch with my clients for future promotions and new products. Whatsapp has been a great way to communicate with them especially the ones that live international. Cool thing about this app, it helps with language barriers. For example, I have a client who travels from Taiwan to Southern California to purchase high end goods. She speaks some English enough to get by, but whatsapp has made sure there weren't any miscommunication. However I do enjoy all platforms of social media. I can't wait to see how far it goes in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristy I think it is awesome that your mom is on Facebook. My parents don't have social media at all but I got aunt and uncles that do and it is always fun to see what kind of crazy things they post!

    ReplyDelete

Week 17-Final Post- Wrapping it up

 First and foremost, thank you for teaching this class. I enjoyed diving more into social media and how it applies to businesses. Going into...